Home Central is always in search of high-quality candidates with strong knowledge of the construction industry or extensive retail experience.
While we may not have jobs listed at any given time, at Home Central we are always on the lookout for high quality personell.
Do you have logistics, distribution, truck driving and forklift experience?
Are you great with customers and even better at providing organized and
Do you work in the building/remodeling or plumbing/electrical fields and you are looking for a change of pace?
Have you retired from a professional career and are looking to share your wealth of DIY knowledge with young home buyers?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, please consider dropping off your resume. There is no guarantee we have an opening, but you never know when we might be able to make a perfect match.
Home Central offers many valuable benefits to the members of our team, as well as competitive compensation and a family atmosphere. Health insurance, Simple Plan and profit sharing, as well as paid vacation are all offered to qualifying full-time employees.
Jobs at Home Central are never narrowly defined roles, but as a member of a team you will be expected to learn many facets of the business and perform a multitude of tasks. Each day at Home Central is never the same!
If you are interested in becoming a valuable member of our team at any of our three locations, Vestal, Owego or Candor, please bring us your resume or fill out an application. We look forward to hearing from you!
Stay tuned for more job listings.
Front Counter Clerk – Owego location
Job Purpose: Provide prompt, courteous and consistent customer service while participating in the constant process of stocking and maintaining the sales floor.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Attend to customers both in-person and on the phone, including answering a variety of questions concerning merchandise
- Process sales transactions for any type of customer (cash, check, credit, on account, etc.,) including return transactions, account payments, quotes and arranging deliveries
- Maintain a good working knowledge of sales procedures and policies
- Keep vigilant watch to avoid theft, vandalism or other abuse
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with co-workers and superiors
- Maintain store appearance and safety
- Stock shelves, perform physical inventory checks and assist customers in finding the products they want/need
- Consistently follow through on requested tasks
- Participate in training programs
- Process incoming stock orders, gather stock for other store locations and assist in placing special orders for customers
- Assist with cash-up processes
- Understand and perform proper opening and closing procedures
- Competence in customer service and ability to communicate effectively with customers, co-workers and superiors
- Basic ability to use a computer and undergo training on the existing sales and inventory system
- Adherence to store policies, including proper work apparel and tidy appearance
- Light lifting (less than 25lbs consistently, 25-50lbs occasionally)
- General knowledge of merchandise, willingness to continually expand knowledge and pursue specialization in certain product areas
- Capacity to follow through on requested tasks and remain motivated to stay busy throughout each workday