Do you have logistics, distribution, truck driving and forklift experience?
Are you great with customers and even better at providing organized and
Do you work in the building/remodeling or plumbing/electrical fields and you are looking for a change of pace?
Have you retired from a professional career and are looking to share your wealth of DIY knowledge with young home buyers?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, please consider dropping off your resume. There is no guarantee we have an opening, but you never know when we might be able to make a perfect match.
Home Central offers many valuable benefits to the members of our team, as well as competitive compensation and a family atmosphere. Health insurance, Simple Plan and profit sharing, as well as paid vacation are all offered to qualifying full-time employees.
Jobs at Home Central are never narrowly defined roles, but as a member of a team you will be expected to learn many facets of the business and perform a multitude of tasks. Each day at Home Central is never the same!
If you are interested in becoming a valuable member of our team at any of our three locations, Vestal, Owego or Candor, please bring us your resume or fill out an application. We look forward to hearing from you!
Part-time Clerk @ Candor Location
Do you enjoy a fast paced sales environment with customers who know you by name? If you have retail experience and love doing do-it-yourself projects, consider a part-time career with Home Central at the Candor location.
The job includes many tasks, but candidates must be willing to perform all duties; work indoors or out and enjoy doing anything from mixing paint to loading lumber. Hours will be between 20-25 per week and pay will be based on experience. Please see job description for details, fill out the online application below and drop it off at our Candor location!
Job Title: Sales Counter Clerk
Position Type: Full or Part-time
Reports to: Store Manager
Job Purpose: Provide prompt, courteous and consistent customer service while participating in the constant process of stocking and maintaining the sales floor.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Warehouse/CDL Driver @ Owego Location
Position Type: Full-Time
Reports To: Store Manager
Do you enjoy a fast-paced workplace with consistently changing tasks? Do you have a CDL, work in distribution and logistics or are an experienced forklift operator ? If so, consider a career with Home Central.
Jobs at Home Central are never narrowly defined roles, but as a member of a team you will be expected to learn many facets of the business and perform a multitude of tasks. Each day at Home Central is never the same and all warehouse/driver personnel are expected to build loads, receive product, perform inventories and provide excellent customer service.
Home Central is looking for a qualified warehouse/driver.
Requirements: clean driver license is a must, CDL preferred, good customer service skills required and knowledge of building materials is a definite plus
Home Central offers many valuable benefits to the members of our team, as well as competitive compensation and a family atmosphere. Health insurance, Simple Plan and paid vacation are all offered to qualifying full-time employees.
Join a family-owned company that takes pride in being a stable employer for over 40 years.
Job Purpose: Delivering materials while maintaining a prompt, courteous and consistent level of customer service. Warehouse clerk position is also part of this job.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Make jobsite and inter-store deliveries in an efficient and cautious manner
• Attend to customers, including answering a variety of questions concerning merchandise
• Fill customers’ orders and load merchandise in vehicles using proper safety precautions
• Maintain a good working knowledge of sales procedures and policies
• Keep vigilant watch to avoid theft, vandalism or other abuse
• Communicate effectively and efficiently with co-workers and superiors
• Maintain warehouse/store/grounds appearance and safety
• Stock shelves, perform physical inventory checks and assist customers in finding the products they want/need
• Consistently follow through on requested tasks
• Participate in training programs
• Process incoming stock orders, gather stock for other store locations
• Assist at contractor counter if necessary
• Competence in customer service and ability to communicate effectively with customers, co-workers and superiors
• Good driving skills, adherence to safety regulations and a valid license
• Adherence to store policies, including proper work apparel and vigilance in safety
• Heavy lifting (50-100 lbs consistently, 100+ occasionally)
• Proficiency at use of power tools in a safe manner
• General knowledge of merchandise and willingness to continually expand knowledge, including use of sales and inventory systems
• Capacity to follow through on requested tasks and remain motivated to stay busy throughout each workday